11th of November 2012 Author: Johnny Karp
An announcement was made this week by the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund (HRDAF) that eight potential investors have submitted an expression of interest (EOI) regarding the share sale of 33 percent of OPAP (Hellenic Football Prognostics Organization), and that their names are the following:
- BC Partners, a London-based private equity firm known for its 2007 buyout of the Intelsat global satellite services provider, one of the largest private equity buyouts in history. It is also involved in Greek entertainment and has interest in hotel group "Regency Entertainment S.A."
- Emma Delta Ltd, a fund advised by Emma Delta Management Ltd, a company beneficially owned by Czech investor Jiri Smejc (66,7 percent) and Greek shipping tycoon George Melisanidis (33,3 percent)
- Consortium of Gauselmann AG (55 Percent), the German East-Westphalian family-run company, Estonia-based gaming software development and services company Playtech Ltd (41 percent) and Helvason Ltd (4 percent)
- Consortium of Intralot Holdings Luxemburg S.A. (34 percent) and Intralot Investments Ltd (66 percent), OPAP's current technology provider and a reputable Greek gaming software firm
- Primrose Treasure Limited, a subsidiary of one of China's most prominent business groups, investment firm Fosun International.
- Third Point LLC, a New York-based hedge fund founded by Daniel Loeb.
- TPG Capital, a US-headquartered private equity investment fund with a long-standing tradition since 1992.
- Triple Five World Group Properties Limited
HRADF also specified that its advisors will forward recommendations on which submissions meet the selection criteria and can move forward to the next phase of the tender to the HRDAF Board of Directors.
According to HRADF CEO, Yannis Emiris, "We are satisfied by the response of the investment community, which has demonstrated its trust in the prospects of the country, despite the difficult economic situation. The number and entity of the submissions received is also a proof of investors' confidence in our tendering procedures."
Sports Society News General Sportsbook News
2nd of December 2012
4th of October 2012
18th of January 2019
15th of December 2018
3rd of December 2018
24th of November 2018
13th of January 2019
11th of January 2019
22nd of November 2018
Join Now for full access
Disclaimer Contact Us Privacy Terms and Conditions Gambling Help Site Map
LatestSportsBonuses.com © 2006-2019